Introduction about Tehran Book Garden
In this article we will introduce you to Tehran Book Garden and we will present you all the details.
This article is one of a series of articles on the HotelOneClick site, designed to provide travelers with more information about Tehran's tourist attractions.
In this article, we will try to describe all the tourist attractions of Book Garden in Tehran, which is one of the tourist centers in Tehran, along with its details. This article is actually a tourism guid of in Tehran Book Garden.
You will find be familiar with the amusement and services of Tehran Book Garden. We will also fully explain its different sections.
Below we will introduce the sights around the Tehran Book Garden, Iran's largest bookstore, and at the end we will outline its access routes.
Be with HotelOneClick to go to the unique bookstore that changes your perception of buying a book.
- Why is Tehran Book Garden one of the most popular attractions in Tehran?
- Introduction to Tehran Book Garden: Iran 's largest bookstore
- Is the Tehran Book Garden the World's Largest Bookstore?
- What is the mood of the Tehran Book Garden?
- What sculptures are in the Tehran Book Garden?
- What are the parts of Tehran Book Garden?
- Block A: Baharestan; Especial for children and teenagers
- 1. Mah Pishooni: The Great Book Store for Kids and teenagers
- 2. Kid’s Garden Book House
- 3. Kid’s cafe
- 4. Robotic Club
- 5. Research tables
- 6. Fekrbazia
- Block B: Khialestan; Dreamy Walk Way
- Block C: Negarestan; Cinema Campus
- child science garden; LG Science Garden
- Block D: Sarvestan; Adult Bookstore and Teen Science Garden
- 1. Adult bookstore and cultural products store
- 2. Book Garden Escape Room
- The first floor
- 1. Teenagers Science Garden
- 2. Saland Health Club
- 3. Cessna flight simulator
- The basement
- Book Garden’s Roof
- Tehran Book Garden Facilities
- Tehran Book Garden Special Services
- Visiting hours of Tehran Book Garden
- Access road to Tehran Book Garden
- Attractions around Tehran Book Garden
Why is Tehran Book Garden one of the most popular attractions in Tehran?
Be with Hoteloneclick to go to the unique bookstore that changes your perception of buying a book.
The main reasons for choosing Tehran Book Garden as one of the most famous tourist attractions of Tehran can be named as follows:
- It is the largest bookstore in Iran.
- In the Book Garden you can access over 400,000 book titles (the most of the book sources produced in Iran).
- Various art and cultural events are held in this artistic, cultural, scientific complex.
- The atmosphere is attractive and pleasant and walking there is pleasant.
- With the gardens of child science, adolescents and the robotics and astronomy club, the painter's robot ... it is a great place for fun and education of children and teens.
- Its architecture has so far won two major awards.
- Located next to attractions such as the Museum of the Holy Defense, Art Garden, National Library, Taleghani Park and more.
- One of the tourist attractions of Tehran that has a different and special atmosphere.
- Along with book purchases, you can go to the book Garden Cinema Campus and watch the latest movies in high quality, well-equipped auditoriums.
Introduction to Tehran Book Garden: Iran 's largest bookstore
The Book Garden is a multifunctional cultural center built between 2007 and 2016 with the aim of promoting the culture of reading and increasing the per capita reading of the country.
The collection, known as the largest book and entertainment complex in the country, with 65,000 square feet of infrastructure and 110,000 square feet of space, has created a good space for families to gather, read and shop.
You can access the various exhibition, shopping, educational, cultural and leisure parts in the 3-story book garden and enjoy your leisure time here.
Also, its proximity to collections such as the National Library of Iran, the Academy of Persian Language and Literature, the Garden of Art and the Museum of the Holy Defense, have made the island of Tehran and Iran culture in this corner of the vast lands of Abbas Abad.
Another thing that adds to the charm of the collection is the presence of a cinema campus where you can watch the latest movies in its halls.
One of the interesting things about the Tehran Book Garden is its special architecture, which makes the building look like a ship, though from north to south it looks like a semi-open book.
This special architecture has won various awards such as Architect Magazine first prize in 2017 and Asian Architecture Prize 2017 in Berlin.
Tehran Book Garden is one of the most beautiful tourist places in Tehran. If you have not yet traveled to Tehran, you can select the best Tehran hotels by booking Tehran hotels.
Tehran Book Garden is one of the most beautiful amusement places in Tehran. If you have not yet traveled to Tehran, you can select the hotels in Tehran by booking Tehran hotels.
Is the Tehran Book Garden the World's Largest Bookstore?
In many sources on the Tehran Book Garden you find that it is the world's largest bookstore, but how true is that?
According to the official website of the Tehran Book Garden, the world's largest independent bookstore in New York is 14500 square meters, while the area of the Tehran Book Store reaches 25,000 square meters.
Of course, to find out whether Tehran Bookstore is the largest bookstore in the world, further research needs to be done, and since all the information in the bookstore around the world is not precisely in a reliable source, one cannot be sure.
But one thing that can be said for sure is that this collection is Iran's largest bookstore.
What is the mood of the Tehran Book Garden?
What attracts your attention at first glance when you enter the garden is the size of its interior and exterior.
When you come here, you feel like you are walking into a world-class library, not a bookstore.
The special architecture, the bookshelves, the size of the space, and the amenities found around the corner of the book garden attract your attention.
Now if you are here to buy a book for yourself, or for your children, or if you are planning to go to a theater or movie theater on the campus of the Book Garden you can get help from the various sections dedicated to it.
Don't worry about the time and eyes of the salesman looking for you to pick a book and pay for it.
Browse through the shelves, find your favorite book, scroll through the pages of your book, and buy it if you like.
If you are tired and need a break while shopping and surfing, you can go to the west side of the ground floor of the book garden and take advantage of the attractive sitting space.
The place is known as Lamkadeh and has many fans. Put aside your shopping bags, pick up one of the books you've bought and start reading it.
What sculptures are in the Tehran Book Garden?
One of the most interesting things you will find in the Tehran Book Garden is the various statues and elements scattered around it, bringing the world of fantasy and reality closer together.
There are generally 80 sculptures in different parts of the book garden.
Sculptures that somehow relate to books and readings, either like Judy Abbott's love of books and writing, or like Zorro and Sergeant Garcia have come out of the world's most famous fiction books and have become like reality.
The main reason for choosing these characters and making their sculptures is to encourage more children and even adults to study and immerse themselves in the world of different stories.
You can stay at Espinas Palace Hotel in Tehran for accommodation in Tehran as well as visiting the Tehran Book Garden. If you have not yet booked your hotel, you can book Espinas Palace Hotel in Tehran right now.
What are the parts of Tehran Book Garden?
Tehran Book Garden has 3 floors and each floor has different sections. Of course, this is not a floor-by-floor visit, but more block-by-block.
The Book Garden has 4 blocks; four blocks known as Block A Baharestan, Block B Khialestan, Block C Negarestan and Block D Sarvestan, each with a theme.
These blocks each contain sections of different classes.
To find out more about the different parts of Tehran Book Garden you can use the following maps that depict the whole place.
Here's a complete overview of all these sections.
You can stay in Tehran's Azadi Hotel to travel to Tehran and visit Book Garden. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, you can book Parsian Azadi Hotel in Tehran right now.
Block A: Baharestan; Especial for children and teenagers
The northernmost block of the Tehran Book Garden is Block A, known as Baharestan, dedicated to children.
On the ground floor of this block you can access the large bookstore for children and teenagers, the mother and baby room and the children's house.
1. Mah Pishooni: The Great Book Store and Cultural Products for Kids and teenagers
On the ground floor of Block A, there is a large 4,000-square-metrs store selling a variety of children's books and cultural products, stationery and toys.
The shop also offers free storytelling, gaming, painting, crafting, pasty making, and various workshops throughout the week for various age groups.
- Capacity: Unlimited
- Suitable: For all ages
- Accessing hours: Saturday to Tuesday and Friday: 09:00am to 9:00pm, Wednesday and Thursday: 09:00am to 10:00pm
2. Kid’s Garden Book House
In the children's home section of the Tehran Book Garden, your child can have access to all kinds of playground equipment, dolls, ball pools, and so on.
The children's home has also made it possible for you to safely tour the book garden by entertaining your child with this collection.
- Capacity: 60 people
- Suitable: For children 3 to 10 year old
- Accessing hours: Saturday to Wednesday: 10:00am to 9:00pm, Thursday and Friday: 10:00am to 10:00pm
3. Kid’s cafe
The children's cafe is specially designed to host children, where children can serve themselves and their parents.
- Capacity: 100 people
- Suitable: All ages
- Access hours: Every day from 09:00am to 10:00pm
4. Robotic Club
At the Robotic Club of Tehran Book Garden, kids and teens can learn about robot construction and robotics programming in different classes and workshops, and buy a variety of robot parts and get to know the robotics games.
They can also enjoy leisure activities such as virtual reality games, robotic soccer and rock climbing car.
- Capacity: 70 people
- Suitable: For over 5 years old
- Access hours: 9am to 9pm
5. Research tables
The Research Tables in blocks A and D provide space for individual and group study and research in the book garden.
Students and researchers can sign up for the Research Desk facilities.
- Capacity: 200 people
- Accessing hours: 09:00am to 11:00pm
Fakrbazia is a science and entertainment complex where children and adolescents can develop their intelligence and creativity in the form of games and entertainment.
It consists of 5 parts of the nature of play, mystery, game making, game effort, and sound and offers a total of 24 different games for children and adolescents.
- Capacity: 150 people per hour
- Suitable: For children 4 to 15 years
- Visiting hours: 10:00am to 10:00pm
Block B: Khialestan; Dreamy Walk Way
Block B or the Dream Block is more fun and multiplies the pleasure of surfing the book garden. There is a 60-meter corridor that connects the two blocks A and C.
The corridor has two walkways installed and takes people from one side to the other without the hassle of walking, but that's not the only attraction.
The large curtains around the pavement create an imaginative atmosphere with different images and videos and give the book garden a pleasant atmosphere with different songs.
If you're also a fan of social network and taking selfies, the corridor is a fun part for you.
You can stay in Tehran's Grand Hotel to travel to Tehran and visit the largest bookstore in Iran. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, you can book Tehran Grand Hotel right now.
Block C: Negarestan; Cinema Campus of Tehran Book Garden and Children's Science Garden
The Cinema Campus of the Tehran Book Garden is located on Block C, which is called Negarestan, and includes 10 cinemas and theaters.
It is good to know that the main entrance to the Tehran Book Garden is also on this block.
child science garden; LG Science Garden
But what is going on the first floor of Block C? The children's science garden, whih is for children aged 6-13, is on this floor and tells four science stories to childrenin a fascinating and modern way.
Stories about the human body, homes, cities, and finally a story about the planet we live on - the earth.
This section is under the name LG Science Garden, which seeks to increase children's knowledge of the world around them.
There are only two examples of this science garden in the world, one in Seoul, South Korea and the other in the Tehran Book Garden.
The interesting thing about this Science Garden is that the LG Science Garden of Iran is bigger and better equipped than the one in South Korea.
Subsidiary services of LG Science Garden
Subsidiary services of LG Science Garden are:
- Paint Your Face by Robot Painter
- Purchase from Scientific Products Store
- Free book store visits
- Suitable: children of 6-13 years old.
- Visiting hours: every day from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
- The language of the tour: Farsi but it is also available in French, English
Block D: Sarvestan; Adult Bookstore and Teen Science Garden
Block D is dedicated to adults and teens and has one of the largest cultural stores in the country.
1. Adult bookstore and cultural products store
On the ground floor of this block you can access the bookstore and adult cultural product shop and buy your favorite books on various topics.
- Capacity: Unlimited
- Suitable: For all groups
- Access hours: 9am to 9pm
2. Book Garden Escape Room
The Book Garden Escape Room Collection has three separate rooms with different stories, including "Alien Room", "Pharaoh's Curse" and "Letter from Hell".
Participation in this escape room is applicable for over 10 years old, and people in groups of 4-8 can solve the mystery of these rooms together.
- Capacity: 4 to 8 people
- Suitable: For over 10 years old
- Accessing hours: 09:30am to 80:30pm
You can stay in Parsian Esteghlal Hotel to travel to Tehran and visit Tehran Book Garden. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, you can book Tehran Esteghlal Hotel right now.
The first floor
The first floor consists of the following sections:
1. Teenagers Science Garden
The Teen Science Garden is one of the most popular parts of the Book Garden and is welcoming teenagers with 40 different science and education devices.
An important part of this collection is its plantarium, which introduces the wonders of the night sky.
Visiting informations are:
- Visiting time of Teen Science Garden is from 09:00am to 9:00pm.
- Visiting this collection is possible for all age groups from children to adults.
- On public visits, entrance fee for children under 4 years old is free.
2. Saland Health Club
One of the recently launched sections in the Tehran Book Garden and the Teen Garden is the Saland Health Club.
In this club, teenagers can use mind games to increase their nutrition, medical and health information and enhance their mobility and physical activity.
3. Cessna flight simulator
One of the most interesting devices of the Teenager's Garden of Science is the Cessna flight simulator with which you can experience the flight virtually.
- Capacity: 1 to 2 people
- Suitable: Removable simulator for over 12 years old and fixed simulator for over 5 years old.
- Hours of accessing: First half of the year from 10 am to 9 pm, Second half of the year from 9:30am to 8:30pm.
The basement has the following section:
Art Gallery and Book Garden Cafe Gallery
An art gallery and a large café gallery are located in the basement of Sarvestan Block (Block D).
Book Garden’s Roof
The roof of the book garden also has a special space and it has been worked on alot.
A part of the roof is dedicated to planting and expanding the greenery, and forms the Roof Garden of the book garden.
This roof garden is open to all and is accessible through the interiors and exterior steps of the Book Garden.
There are restaurants and a café on the roof, which can be a great place to relax with a view of the surrounding land.
Tehran Book Garden Facilities
Now that we have had enough information about the Tehran Book Garden and its various parts, we should know more about the facilities it offers:
- Multiple toilets
- Mother and baby room
- Various cafes like Book Cafe, Gallery Cafe, Kid Cafe, Cinema Cafe etc.
- Praying room
- Information unit
- Book search computers
- Free WIFI
- Children's playroom
- Car for kids
Tehran Book Garden Special Services
Tehran Book Garden Special Services are:
- Each collection has unique services that distinguish it from other similar collections. The Tehran Book Garden is no exception:
- In Tehran Book Garden you can access most of the book sources produced in Iran.
- In this collection you can use the largest collection of exhibitional, educational and entertainment for children and adolescents.
- One of the major markets for cultural and lifestyle products in the country.
- Provides opportunities to meet popular cultural writers and celebrities on a variety of occasions.
- Students and schools can benefit from special discounts and purchases from the Book Garden. Note, however, that these facilities do not belong to individual students, and students must recieve facilities through their schools.
You can stay in Tehran's Ferdowsi Hotel to travel to Tehran and visit the Book Garden. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, you can book Tehran Ferdowsi Hotel right now.
Visiting hours of Tehran Book Garden
Visiting hours of Tehran Book Garden:
Saturday to Wednesday: 9am to 9pm
Thursdays and Fridays and public holidays: 09:00am to 10:00pm
Of course, each section of the Tehran Book Garden has its own access time, which is fully explained in the same section.
Access road to Tehran Book Garden
The Tehran Book Garden can be accessed in the following ways:
Address 1: Tehran Book Garden, National Library Exit, After Shahid Modarres Highway Crossing, West-East Route, Haqqani Highway, Vanak Square.
Address 2: Holy Defense Museum Garden and Tehran Book Garden, after Haqqani Exit, East-West Route, Shahid Hemmat Highway.
Address 3: Tehran Book Garden Metro Haqqani, 10 minutes walk through the Garden of the Holy Defense Museum, after the bridge.
The Haqqani metro stations are located on line 1, close to the Tehran Book Garden. You can use the vans near the subway ready to take you to the Book Garden after getting off the subway, or reach the Holy Defense museum by following the signs through the garden.
This walk takes about 10 to 15 minutes. If you choose the walking path, you should take a bottle of water with you.
You can stay in Persian Gulf Espinas Hotel in Tehran to travel to Tehran and visit Tehran Book Garden. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, you can book Tehran Persian Gulf Espinas Hotel right now.
Attractions around Tehran Book Garden
There are many attractions near the Tehran Book Garden that you can visit if you like:
- The Museum of the Holy Defense Museum within an approximate distance of 2.4 km
- Water and Fire Park about 2.7 km
- Taleghani Park about 2.4 km
- Nature Bridge about 1.5 km
- Mina’s Dome about 3.4 km
You can stay in Tehran's Hoveizeh Hotel to travel to Tehran and visit the largest Book Garden in Iran. If you haven't booked your hotel yet, you can book Tehran Hoveizeh Hotel right now.
Conclusions for Tourism Guide in Tehran Book Garden
Today we toured with you at the largest bookstore in the world, explored different parts of it, and found out more about what is happening and what activities are there.
What do you think of such collections? In your opinion, can collections such as the Book Garden help expand the culture of reading?
In your opinion, what parts or activities in the Tehran book garden have made it more attractive?
If you have any questions about this spectacular garden, please write in the comments section. Also if you have the experience of visiting this place, share it with us and your friends at Hoteloneclick.